Litigation Solicitor - ManchesterLitigation Solicitor, Commercial Litigation, Property Litigation, Commercial Contract, Permanent, Retrain Opportunity, Manchester City Centre
Litigation Solicitor is required by a a niche and respected, award winning commercial law firm based in the iconic Daily Express Building, which is ideally located within 10 minutes walking distance of both Piccadilly and Victoria Stations.
Their small but client focused team has become a recognised brand within the Manchester commercial and property law market and they have a significant following in the Chinese market.
The firm’s ethos is to provide a very personal approach in how they deal with each case and focus on results for the client.
You will have a rare opportunity to take charge and develop all aspects of the litigation department and handle all the firms contentious work including CPO Litigation, Tax Litigation, Insolvency, Breach of Contract, Landlord & Tenant & Property Litigation. There will also be some non-contentious work involved such as commercial contract drafting.
You will be exposed to top-quality work, developing both your legal knowledge and commercial awareness, with full responsibility.
This opportunity will suit someone who is entrepreneurial, commercially focused, self-driven and does not require supervision for day-to-day conduct of case work.
The reputable firm are looking for individuals with the following skills & experience:
• Good understanding of company, contract and property law
• Strong commercial awareness for opportunities for the firm and the clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to review cases, provide good quality legal advice and case strategy
• Ability to multi task, wear different ‘hats’ and deal with competing priorities without delay
• Ability to manage all aspects of the litigation department
• Ability to bring cases to an early resolution (either by settlement or trial)
• Focus on results over and above the client’s expectations and experience of delivering exceptional results for the client
• Ability to work to deadlines and maintain a regular schedule of hearings, court appearances and conferences based on case requirements in the firm’s electronic diary and case list
• Highly conversed with civil procedure rules and litigation case management
• Ability to draft all the usual documents involved in litigation, such as a particulars of claim, witness statements, costs schedules, applications, orders, part 36 offers
• Ability to maintain a personal yet professional relationship with clients
• Ability to take enquiries from potential clients and sell the firms services and sign up the client
• Ability to ensure clients are regularly billed, client debts are kept to a bare minimum
• Ability to time record using the firms case management software and bill to monthly targets
• Ability to assist in the promotion and marketing of the firm’s services via internal/external networking events, presentations and online articles
• Must be self-motivated, driven and does not require supervision for day to day conduct of work which is a complex and varied workload
• Ability to quickly get to grips with new areas of law and hit the ground running
• Self-discipline to take responsibility of your own work and deadlines and to progress cases quickly and efficiently
• Excellent attention to detail and continuously striving for self-improvement and development
• Personality Traits required: High Personal Standards, Ability to work under pressure, Driven, Adaptable, Enthusiastic, Proactive, Team Player and can-do attitude
This opportunity is unrivalled by any other law firm
• Small team in lovely City Centre offices
• Early access to good quality work and clients
• Exposure to marketing and business development
• Exposure to 16 legal disciplines –you won’t be pigeon holed into one area of law!
• You won’t be competing with hundreds of others for progression within the firm
• The more successful their small firm becomes, the more opportunities there will be for you
• No glass ceilings - the role will become what you make it
• Willing to retrain
• Location: Manchester City Centre
• Salary range: Dependent Upon Experience
• Job type: Permanent
• Experience: 2 years PQE
• Job Section: Private Practice
• Working Hours: Monday – Friday (full-time)
• Reference: AT262
• Contact: Alex Thompson
About Klein Hamilton Recruitment
Klein Hamilton are Legal & IT Securities specialist Recruiters, working with magic circle, silver circle, blue chip, fintech and dynamic SME businesses, who trust us in finding them the best talent. You can apply for our vacancies in confidence. We are a regulated employment agency and will discuss this vacancy with you and gain your permission prior to submission of application directly to the decision maker.
Litigation Solicitor, Commercial Litigation, Property Litigation, Commercial Contract, Permanent, Retrain Opportunity, Manchester City Centre Apply